Subject: [alg] Open source technology and politics
From: "Jeremiah T. Gray" <[email-masked]>
To: "The Austin ((TX)) Linux and General Discussion Mailing List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:42:03 -0700
List-Id: "The Austin \(TX\) Linux and General Discussion Mailing List" <alg.austinlug.org>

Hello Austin,

Recently I was involved in a discussion/flamewar on the Bellingham  
(WA) LUG list, and it was suggested someone take the discussion off  
the list.  Because I've got a dedicated server and great interest in  
issues related to technology and politics, I took it upon myself to  
make a list for it myself.  I intend to post on a number of Linux  
mailing lists to which I subscribe to get a wider variety of  
viewpoints from various locales, but being from Austin myself, I'm  
starting here.  If any of you want to get involved in the discussion,  
you can sign up for the mailing list here:  http://intarcorp.com/ 
mailman/listinfo/opentechpolitics - it's no holds barred, so bring  
your thickest skin ;-)
I look forward to getting some Texan feedback on the list; I will be  
posting this afternoon/evening about the recently-passed PRO-IP  
legislation to get some discussion going.

Thanks for your time,
Jeremiah
_______________________________________________
ALG Mailing List http://austinlug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/alg